The National Research Foundation (NRF) of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) advances
the national research agenda by awarding grants for research on a competitive
basis in those fields of endeavor that will improve the quality of life of the
citizens of UAE.
The human benefits of research are most often not immediate. It usually takes
layers and layers of accumulated knowledge before the improvement to the quality
of human life can materialize. NRF therefore supports investigative efforts with
far-term as well as near-term and mid-term potential for beneficial
applications. The grants in this program are intended to expand the horizon of
knowledge, accelerate discoveries, and foster creative activities across all
disciplines, including physical, biological, and mathematical sciences;
engineering and technology; medicine; business, economics, and management;
social and behavioral sciences; and arts and humanities.
- Facilitate the participation of scientists and scholars from UAE in the
expansion of frontiers of knowledge and in the most sophisticated problem
- Build and enlarge a solid core of knowledgeable, capable, and well-trained
researchers in UAE.
- Support activities that focus on developing and enhancing research talent in
UAE so that the nation retains the finest researchers that are working in or are
attracted to it.
- Enable the UAE academic institutions to recruit and retain top researchers and,
through them, the most talented students.
- Develop interdisciplinary links among researchers to catalyze team research for
solving difficult scientific, industrial, economic, and societal challenges.
- Promote UAE’s participation in the international research community.
- Expression of interest submission 13:00, Monday, 15 December 2008
- Pre-proposal submission 13:00, Tuesday, 17 February 2009
- Full Proposal submission 13:00, Tuesday, 16 June 2009
Grant Terms and Conditions
National Research Foundation Terms and Conditions of Research Grants(May 2008)
RSA Tips and Hints
RSA Presentation (January 2009): by
Dr. Kenneth Wilson
RSA Call for Submission of Proposals
Research and Scholarship Award (RSA) Competition 2009
Brief Summary Report of Pre-Proposal Evaluation Process
Brief Summary Report of Full Proposal Evaluation Process
Stage 1: RSA Expression of Interest (EoI) Application Form
Apply Here -
Deadline for EoI has passed. Thank you for your
Stage 2: Pre-proposal Application Form
Application is open only to those applicants who submitted an EoI prior to
December 15th, 2008.
Apply Here -
Deadline for Pre-Proposal has passed. Thank you for
Stage 3: Full Proposal Application Form
Application is open only to those applicants who submitted a pre-proposal prior
to February 16th, 2009.
Letter of Endorsement Template
use this manual as a guidline in selecting the domain of your full proposal
Apply Here - Deadline for
Pre-Proposal has passed. Thank you for your interest.
If you have any inquiries please check the