The National Research Foundation (NRF) of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) advances the UAE national research agenda by awarding grants for research on a competitive basis in those fields of endeavor that will improve the quality of life of the citizens of UAE or contribute to the development of the UAE as a knowledge-based society.
Patents are an important manifestation of high-level research, innovation and technological advancements. The economic growth as well as an improved quality of life and the environment of the UAE depend heavily on the innovation potential of its scientific and inventive institutions and their members. The NRF aims to foster national inventions by launching a patent filing award competition.
The Patent Filing Award (PFA) 2011 offers financial support to inventors who want to protect their intellectual property by obtaining a patent for an outstanding invention with a clearly identified market potential.
- Support inventors in the UAE to file an internationally recognized patent.
- Strengthen the innovation potential of the UAE.
- Foster high-quality research that aims at potential commercial impact.
- Increase the benefits of research conducted in the UAE for the benefits of the economy and society.
- 28 November 2011: Deadline for application submission
- 2 January 2012: External evaluation of applications completed
- January 2012: NRF sends notification on awarding decision
- January 2012: Grant Awarding Ceremony
Grant Terms and Conditions
National Research Foundation Terms and Conditions
PFA 2011 Call for Submission of Proposals
Patent Filing Award 2011
PFA Application Form screenshot - NOT TO BE SUBMITTED
To Apply click here.
Open to All Researchers in CAA and Federal Institutions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this page helpful?